What we do
Learn more about the services we offer.
We provide a wide range of development and support services from new concept development through to operational and commercial reviews of existing businesses.
- New business plan development / commercial feasibility analysis
- New concept proposition / brand development / identification of critical success factors
- Existing business strategy, standards and profitability audit
- Competitor analysis / target consumer and market insight and identification
- Food production and service areas layout and design guidance
- Consumer communications / promotions / launch tactics
- Products, equipment and sundry items sourcing, supply set up and monitoring
- Cost and revenue systems and controls / key performance indicators
- Service quality standards / audit
- Food safety policy and procedures (with specialist partner)
- Operating / support documentation and systems
- Project management
- Pilot sites / trials / trials evaluations
Production and delivery of bespoke training and workshop packages
- Identification of appropriate food propositions
- Competitor benchmarking
- Setting up a food business
- Marketing a food business
- Cost and revenue controls in a food business
Growing product sales through UK sales agency support.
- Product evaluation and benchmarking v competitor products
- Identification of USP's
- Production of channel marketing strategy
- Sales support and account management
Digital & On Line
Working with our specialist partners providing
- Purchasing and management system
- Menu costing and specification systems
- Menu and POS print services
Meet some of the companies we're proud to have worked with.
People and Partners
Learn more about the people and partners who contribute to the successes of Pro-Position.
Antony Aram - Director
Foodservice expert, with over thirty diverse years within the industry spanning many sectors and styles of operation with an impressive track record of achievement. Previously held senior roles in Bass, Whitbread, SPAR, TurboChef, Tom Cobleigh and Magic Pub Co. Tony Specialises in Strategic and tactical food service development support, concept and menu development, costings and dish specifications, trainer / coach for food proposition development, temporary resource for organisations who want senior level part time outsourced food development support, Kitchen planning and equipment selection.
Peter Kitchener - Associate Partner
Foodservice expert, with previous senior roles across various sectors including Hotel, Retail, Travel & Leisure with significant experience in both operational management, procurement & food development. A commercially focused brand developer with an excellent track record of achievement, covering all aspects of marketing, product development & new concept creation. Strong at strategic planning with excellent communications, networking skills with significant experience at Exec level with endless drive & enthusiasm
Mike O'Dwyer - Associate Partner
Hospitality, leisure and tourism operations expert, whose strengths lie in a combination of commercial awareness and the management of people. In particular, leading and motivating teams whilst providing them with strategic direction, measurable goals and personal objectives all supported by an open style of communication with a focus on succeeding and exceeding customer expectations.
Harvey Nurse - Tenancy & Leasing Pub Expert Associate Partner
Over 20 years experience in the licensed trade, ex Operations Director at both Marstons PLC and Admiral Taverns. Now owning and operating a small pub company consisting of a mixture or freehold, private leases and large Pub Co leases. If you are looking to undertake a capital investment, purchase your pub, negotiate a new agreement, are due a rent review, are involved in a dispute with you Pub Co or landlord Harvey can help with the proven 10 point plan that will maximise your profit opportunity.
Ben Bartlett – BBQ Expert Associate Partner
BBQ Ben was the first chef to be awarded the title of "Britain's Best BBQ'er" by the National BBQ Association. Television programmes such as BBC Two's 'Ready Steady Cook' and ITV's 'This Morning' has called upon Ben's expertise and he has just published the acclaimed "Haynes BBQ Manual".
R H Hall Ltd - Kitchen Equipment and Solutions Partner
With over 30 years experience RH Hall are the UK's largest independent catering equipment supplier. R H Hall represent over 70 top brands and are sole distributors for: Maestrowave, Sharp, Smeg, iWave, Simply Stainless and Crown Verity go to: rhhall.com for more information
Milk - Creative, Design and Marketing Partner
Design agency Milk Design LTD offers wide-ranging creative expertise in the fields of food packaging design, logistics, brand management and digital. Top brands such as ASDA, Morrisons and 20th Century Fox have trusted Milk to help them communicate effectively with their customers.
Plus One – Licensed Trade Marketing Partner
Plus One have extensive knowledge and experience in both digital and traditional marketing within the licensed trade and work with individual outlets and multiple operators across many different styles of operations and concepts. For more information call 0121 707 8384.
Innovation can often be the enabler to growth, we are always on the lookout for new and interesting products and services that can improve a foodservice operators business, see below a quick overview of what we have been impressed with and contact Tony on 07831 513072 if you want to know more; we'll be happy help.
Focus on deskilled food
- Pukka Pies have developed a great microwave pie range, the pastry after cooking is like it is straight from the oven! The fillings are also the usual high Pukka standard.
- High quality ready meals in unique packaging that enables chef prepared food to be delivered onto the plate without chefs. This has so many possibilities from 5 star hotel room service to budget hotel vending, also a great way to do pub specials and function food.
- Flame grilled Burgers, wings and chicken fillets, frozen ready to regenerate via a microwave, a wide range of applications where extract, equipment and space is an issue, these products are ideal for a quick cook to order, no skill, no wastage food offer.
Focus on rosti products
- Have you ever seen a Croque Monsieur made with Potato Rosti instead of Bread? We have, and they look and taste great!
- Also just launched a cheese burger with Potato Rosti instead of the bun, again we were really impressed
- How about a hand held breakfast Rosti? It is made up of egg and bacon in a Rosti, great for Breakfast on the go!
- If you fancy something spicy then there is the Jalapeno Rosti, perfect with a few beers
- For WOW plate presentation we have seen the Pan Rosti....a large rosti you serve other breakfast items on!
- If you want to move away from the formed hash browns, we have seen and tasted a great homemade style Rosti
- And finally mini rosti bites....a great add on for breakfast rolls to go
Focus on microwave, combi microwave and convection oven food solutions:
We have recently been working a lot with microwaves and combi microwave / convection ovens and food on a range of projects where kitchen facilities are limited or the commercials do not allow for kitchen staff, some highlights below:
- Really great tasting multi ingredient main meal dishes and consistent great plate presentation with new concept microwaves and new unique and innovative microwave packaging, too many possible applications to list! Call us if you want to know more.......Everyone that has seen it so far has been really impressed.
- Microwaved potato nibbles that are crispy and taste great, for back bars! Ideal for pubs and leisure outlets that do not have kitchens.
- Oven chips in 90 seconds in a combi microwave / convection oven, no need for deep fat fryers, oil and extract.
- Oven chips with only 2.7% fat after cooking.....look and taste great too, we reckon this has got to be a winner.
We'd love to hear from you!
Talk to Us
Get in touch using the quick form below to discuss what we can do to help. We'll be in touch as soon as possible.
0843 557 2500